Looking for that chocolate hit without the added sugar? This recipe does not leave you missing that rich decadent flavour we all look for in a brownie. Topped with a rich mousse makes this the perfect dessert.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder (optional)*
- 1 1/5 cup dates, soaked in warm water (reserve the water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 recipe of avocado mousse
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a square baking dish with parchment or spray with cooking oil.
- Blend nuts and cocoa powder in blender until fully ground. Add to bowl.
- Add flour and espresso powder to bowl and combine.
- Add soaked dates and 3 tbsp if reserved water, and vanilla extract. Blend together adding more water if needed.
- Add smooth date mixture to bowl with dry ingredients and combine fully. Add water if too thick. Batter should be as thick as cookie dough.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes, or until brownie is firm when touched.
- Let cool completely before topping with mousse.
*espresso powder enhances the cocoa powder making it more rich