Naturally sweetened with dates and banana, high in fibre, chewy, and decadent! These snacking squares are perfect to curb sugar cravings and mid-day hunger.
- 1/2 cup dates (I soaked in warm water for 10 min)
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp veg oil
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 3 tbsp water)
- 1 1/2 cup oats (1/2 cup ground)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Add ins: walnuts, peanut butter, seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line square or loaf pan (depending on how thick you want them) with parchment paper.
- In blender, blend soaked dates, banana, vanilla, oil, and flax egg.
- Add banana mixture to a bowl and add oats, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix with spatula until fully combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown top.
- Let cool for 20 minutes then cut into squares.