Chocolate chip banana bread will forever remind me of my childhood. Now I can enjoy it again being vegan!! I’ve tested many different versions of this recipe, and finally I think this one is best. My favourite way to eat it is warmed with a little butter! Enjoy 🙂
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (sunflower or canola work)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup brown or cane sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Punch of salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, mash bananas until thin but chunky. Add oil, non-dairy milk, brown sugar, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar. Combine with spatula.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold together until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pour into pan. (Mixture will be thick)
- Bake for 55 minutes, or until golden brown and firm to touch.