It’s time to bake uncontrollable amounts of vegan goodies! First recipe are these double chocolate peppermint cookies! They’re so moist and gooey I’m obsessed with them. Thank god the recipe makes a lot because you’re guaranteed to eat minimum 4 before they make it off the tray. Enjoy!!
- 2 tbsp ground chia/flax with 4 tbsp cold water
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup vegan butter (salted) (I use earth balance)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 tbsp espresso powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F. Prepare baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Combine ground chia and water in a bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter together and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, vanilla, peppermint, espresso powder, ground chia and combine. Add the melted chocolate and water to this.
- In separate bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Slowly add flour to chocolate mixture until just combined
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into 1″ balls and flatten to make a disk. Roll in icing sugar then place on baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool then transfer to a plate.