So excited about this recipe! The texture and flavour is exactly what I remember eggs being like. But this time, no cholesterol, saturated fat, and free of animals!! The miso paste in this is highly encouraged as it adds a savoury level to the recipe. Miso is SO necessary in every vegan cheese or egg recipe. If you don’t have it, just add extra salt and nutritional yeast.
- 1 block firm tofu
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp baking powder
- salt and white pepper
- 1/2 cup Non-dairy milk
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line square baking tray with parchment paper.
- In blender, add all ingredients and blend on high until fully combined. Add more milk if necessary, should remain quite thick. (mixture won’t look yellow but it will become darker as it cooks)
- Using a spatula, scrape out mixture into loaf pan and smoothen out the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the top gets slightly golden.
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes. Cut into 6-9 squares.