Another summer barbecue recipe coming at you!! These mushrooms are super tender and rich in flavour. They’re meaty, juicy, savoury.. you won’t even realize you’re eating a mushroom! The longer you keep them marinating the better, but they can be enjoyed minimum 1 hour of marinating. These are best served with roasted root vegetables, basmati rice, or over a salad. Enjoy!
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 4 portobello mushrooms, de-stemmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp vegan worcestershire
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper
- Garnish: chimichurri, sautéed onions
- In a plastic bag or shallow dish, add mushrooms evenly spread.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic, worcestershire, soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over mushrooms and massage to ensure they’re fully coated.
- Seal and place in fridge for minimum 1 hour to 24 hours (the longer the better).
- In a hot cast iron skillet, add 1 tbsp of oil and sear each side of the mushroom for 4-6 minutes, until brown. Remaining marinade can be poured into skillet.
- Serve over rice, salad, or root vegetables.