It’s almost fall!! The air is getting cooler and what better way to get cozy than a big bowl of soup. Fall food is my absolute favourite from roasted veggies, stews, soups, and more. This soup was one I created when I only had a short amount of time to get ready and needed lunch. It’s super easy and super flavourful. It’s also filled with amazing ingredients that will keep you full and make your body happy with healthy nutrients. Enjoy!!
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 7 black peppercorns
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1 bulb garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
Garnish with cinnamon, cashew cheese, nut parmesan
- In a large soup pot, add sweet potatoes, celery, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, and peppercorns. Fill with water until everything is covered. Season with salt and bring to boil until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place garlic bulb in tin foil with oil, salt, and pepper. Seal and place on baking tray. Add chopped onions and carrots. Drizzle olive oil, and season. Place in oven for 20 minutes, or until tender, flipping once.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked, reserve cooking water and add JUST sweet potatoes to blender with 2 cups cooking water. Blend until smooth and transfer back to pot.
- Once roasted vegetables are done, add to blender with 1 cup sweet potato and 1 cup reserved water. Blend until smooth and add back to pot with sweet potato. Add remaining cooking water with ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg, and seasoning. Combine fully and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes. Season, garnish, and serve!