What better way to start off your day then warm, fluffy pancakes! These cinnamon spelt pancakes are filled with extra fibre from the spelt and flax. They also contain a good amount of protein from the soy milk. They’ll give you just the amount of energy you need to start your day!
Ingredients (makes 6):
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- Combine soy milk and apple cider vinegar in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl combine spelt flour, flax, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In soy milk bowl, add vanilla and maple syrup.
- Heat skillet on medium heat and melt butter. Add 1/4 cup of batter to pan and cook on each side for 4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Top with maple syrup, coconut, cinnamon, or fruit.