Raw vegan cheesecakes are the best for a summer treat. I paired this one with my favourite raw brownie recipe! This dessert is chalk full of nutrients from the nuts, raw cacao, and of course raspberries. Check out the write up I did about health benefits of raspberries on Toronto Vegetarian Association.
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup cashews, soaked and drained
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 lemon, juice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted (optional)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (optional)
- Cover cashews in water and soak overnight, or soak in hot water for 2 hours to fast track.
- Grease baking dish with coconut oil and set aside.
- In food processor, add walnuts, almonds and cocoa powder. Pulse until crumbly. Add pitted dates, water, and salt, and process until it’s fully combined. Add more water if it does not come together.
- Remove from processor and and place in baking dish pressing down to form 1” layer. Place in freezer.
- Add soaked cashews, coconut cream, maple syrup, lemon juice, and vanilla to food processor. Process until creamy consistency. Add raspberries and process for 30 seconds.
- Add cheesecake onto the brownie layer and ensure it’s spread evenly. Place in freezer for 2 hours.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together. Drizzle onto frozen cheesecake, and place back into freezer.
- Remove from freezer 30 minutes before serving.