The month of May is peek season for Artichoke harvest! I wanted to get creative with artichokes since they’re usually only seen in a dip or eaten on its own. This recipe is so tasty and full of nutritional benefits! Check out the write up I did about artichokes on Toronto Vegetarian Association’s website
Enjoy these tasty burgers!!
Ingredients (makes 8 patties):
- 1 large garlic bulb
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (14oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 cup oats, ground
- 2 tbsp lemon jjuice
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp soy sauce or tamari
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F. Cut off top of garlic head and place in aluminum foil sheet. Drizzle olive oil over and season. Wrap tight with aluminum and place in oven for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place beans, artichoke hearts, oats, lemon juice, dijon, soy sauce, and nutritional yeast in food processor and process until fully combined, then transfer to bowl.
- Add chopped parsley and combine. Season to taste.
- Use 1/3 cup and shape into patties.
- Heat skillet and add oil. Cook each side 4-6 minutes or until golden brown.