Risotto is always my go to comfort food… So creamy and warm, and it’s easy to get creative with. However, this dish isn’t your typical comforting risotto because of its lighter consistency. It still has the traditional cooking technique but 10x healthier and just as delicious! The cauliflower is a great source of fibre, vitamin C, and vitamin K. It replaces rice which has almost no nutritional value. Please enjoy this wonderful dish that I’m in love with!!
Ingredients (makes 2 servings):
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1lb white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper
- Garnish: arugula, parsley, Parmesan (vegan or not)
- Warm vegetable stock until simmer.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil and butter on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and let brown (10 min).
- Add onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- While cooking, grate or food process cauliflower until mealy consistency.
- Turn heat to low and add cauliflower to mushroom mixture. Add red pepper flakes and spices.
- Slowly add vegetable broth ladle by ladle until fully absorbed.
- Season and add garnish.