Exams are officially done meaning it’s time to bake uncontrollable amounts of vegan goodies! First recipe are these double chocolate peppermint cookies! They’re so moist and gooey I’m obsessed with them. Thank god the recipe makes a lot because you’re guaranteed to eat minimum 4 before they make it off the tray. Enjoy!!
- 2 tbsp ground chia seeds with 4 tbsp cold water
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp vegan butter (salted)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F. Prepare baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Combine ground chia and water in a bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter together and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, vanilla, peppermint, ground chia and combine. Add the melted chocolate and water to this.
- In separate bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Slowly add flour to chocolate mixture until just combined
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into 1″ balls and flatten to make a disk. Roll in icing sugar then place on baking tray.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Let cool then transfer to a plate.