I always try to make veggie burgers from scratch but they either end up too mushy or too dry. But I finally did it! These patties are sooo moist yet hold together perfectly. I prefer them on a bed of lettuce but they will definitely work as a burger form! Enjoy 🙂
Ingredients (makes 6-8):
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (1/4 cup dry)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, fine dice
- Handful of white mushrooms (7-9), chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-14oz. Can cannellini beans
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cook quinoa (1/4 cup dry and 1/2 cup 1tbsp water). Boil then let simmer until absorbed. (Should be over cooked to be mushy)
- In skillet, heat oil. Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and cook until brown. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Season.
- In bowl, add beans and cooked quinoa. Mash with potato masher.
- Once mushrooms mixture is done, add to bowl and mash together more.
- Add breadcrumbs, tahini, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, flax, and liquid smoke. Combine fully with spatula. Season to taste.
- Spoon 1/4 cup mixture into balls and squish to make patty. Place on baking try and bake for 15 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- When ready to serve, heat oil in pan and cook for 4 minutes on each side to get crispy.