Taco Tuesday!!! My favourite day of the week of course. I had a squash sitting around and wasn’t sure what to do with it! Tacos of course is always the best idea. This recipe is definitely not traditional Mexican taco style, but it’s amazing and I love every type of taco so why not!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced into cubes
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 taco shells
- Garnish: lettuce, tomato, cheese
- Heat olive oil in skillet in medium heat.
- Add squash and red onion. Add all spiced and cover for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and a little water to moisten. Cover for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Make mayo by combining mayo and syrup. Set aside.
- Once squash is finished, season to taste.