It was one of those nights where I had no dinner plans and wasn’t even sure what I was making until it was finished! It turned out amazing. I would typically use a store bought salad dressing but I’ve been into making my own lately so I put the recipe I created, but feel free to sub in a store bought one. The light flavours come together so well. This salad is so fresh and light yet fills you up perfectly! Please try and let me know how it goes!!
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup dried pasta (macaronie or penne)
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cucumber, medium dice
- 1 bell pepper (orange or red), medium dice
- 1 tomato, medium dice
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 tbsp vegan butter (optional)
- 2 tsp cashew cheese (optional)
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Prepare salad dressing by adding all ingredients and whisking until emulsified.
- Bring pasta water to boil and add pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare veggies and beans and add to large bowl.
- Once pasta is almost done, add frozen peas. Strain when finished.
- Add butter and cashew cheese and toss together. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add pasta to bowl and add dressing. Toss and season with salt and pepper. Finish with lemon juice.