What the heck right? I know, quinoa in a cupcake kinda blew my mind too. The thing is you don’t even notice in one bit. It’s so rich and decadent like a brownie you think you’re eating the most unhealthy thing ever.. But you’re not. These cupcakes are a recipe courtesy to my school George Brown College with a few slight modifications. I didn’t like the ganache so I’m not going to put a recipe for it, I’ll just let you guys make your own. Enjoy these protein packed decadent cupcakes!!
Ingredients (makes 18):
- 130g quinoa
- 320g water
- 175g unsalted butter
- 90g almond milk
- 4 eggs
- 10g vanilla
- 5g salt
- 225g sugar
- 110g cocoa powder
- 7g baking powder
- 3g baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 and line 2 cupcake tins with paper liners.
- In small saucepan, combine quinoa and water and cover simmering over low heat. You wanna over cook the quinoa so it’s a mush.
- Take quinoa off burner and stir in butter until melted. Let sit to cool.
- Once cool, food process all ingredients except milk for about 5 minutes. Once smooth add milk and process more. If it’s lumpy, strain and blend what’s left in strainer and continue process.
- Place in muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes, until risen and has slight cracks in the top.
- Let cool completely before icing.