You’re probably reading this title like “what the heck is she talking about coffee and oatmeal..”. I’m talking about the best thing you’ll ever taste. It’s like dessert for breakfast but nothing to feel guilty about. It’s saving time in the morning by combining breakfast and coffee. It’s making you excited to wake up and start your day.
I am the ultimate morning person so breakfast is my favourite time of day. This recipe just made it 10x more my favourite. You don’t need any added sugar as the toppings offer sweetness. However if you take sugar in your coffee you’ll probably want to add some. Putting the dark chocolate on it while it’s hot causes it to melt in and you get pockets of gooey chocolate. Oh my goodness so amazing you guys.. Please enjoy and let me know how it goes!
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup hot coffee, made to your liking
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 banana
- 2-3 squares (15g) dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp hemp hearts (optional)
- 1 tsp flax seeds (optional)
- Prepare quick cooking oats in a bowl.
- Make coffee to your liking and add it to the oats until it’s just covering the oats.
- Add cinnamon and stir until it thickens up.
- Top with banana, dark chocolate, hemp, and flax.