When am I not craving french toast though? It’s my go to meal literally any time of the day.. I’m always switching up my recipe looking for different flavours. This one has got to be a top favourite of mine as it’s incredibally delicious and super healthy. No cholesterol, no saturated fat, and no refined sugars. The bread I used is also homemade whole grain bread adding extra nutrients. I prefer a dense bread when making French toast as it makes it more doughey. I hope you guys try this and love it as much as I did!!
- 5 pieces dense, whole grain bread, sliced into strips
- 2 tsp ground flax
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a bowl, combine flax, almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and maple syrup and let sit for 15 minutes in fridge until thick.
- When batter is done, whisk again to loosen up.
- Heat coconut oil over medium-high heat in a pan.
- Dip each bread strip into batter and let soak for a few seconds and place in pan. Let brown on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Top with maple syrup or fresh fruit.