I’m going through such a big mushroom phase which is weird because about a month ago I dispised mushrooms. This recipe has got to be my favourite quinoa salad recipe yet. I usually make light and veggie filled quinoa salads which I still love, but getting kind of sick of them!! This is a savoury, flavourful salad that is filling and healthy. It’s good as a separate meal or a side dish. Enjoy!
Ingredients (makes 2 servings):
- 1 cup dry quinoa (yields 2 cups cooked)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 10-12 white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Fresh parsley, chiffonade
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Cook quinoa as directed on package. Set aside until ready.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and olive oil on medium heat. Add mushrooms and sauté for about 10 minutes, until brown and meaty.
- Add garlic, red pepper flakes, and thyme. Taste and season
- Add quinoa and combine thoroughly. Garnish with parsley and Parmesan.