I make oatmeal a lot, always altering the ingredients to fit my cravings for that certain day. But I have to say.. This recipe is my favourite one so far. I usually add brown sugar or raw sugar for sweetness but I’ve been trying to reduce my refined sugar intake by using more natural sugar ingredients. This recipe taste like a dessert and is filled with sweetness, but all from natural sources so there’s nothing to worry about. Please try and let me know what you think!!
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats or instant oats
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 date, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
(This can be made on a stove top or instantly in a bowl)
- In a medium sized pot, mash banana over low heat. Once heated through and mushy, add the rest of the ingredients and combine.
- Bring to a boil and then let simmer until it is a thick consistency.
- Boil water.
- Mash up banana in a bowl. Add oats, cinnamon, honey, and date.
- Combine thoroughly then add desired amount of water (I used about 1/2 cup). Let sit in absorb water for about 4-5 minutes.