I first made these granola bars at school and fell in love with them! I brought them home to my parents and they loved them too so I decided to make them again. This time around I altered a few of the ingredients and they turned out to be much more moist then the first time which wasn’t a bad thing. I found them too crunchy before but now they’re perfectly moist and flavourful. These granola bars contain NO refined sugar, NO added sugar, and pure organic ingredients making them wholesome and healthy. Please try and let me know what you think!!
Ingredients (yield: 32-36):
- 1 1/2 heaping cup of rolled oats, toasted
- 1/2 cup rye flakes, toasted
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3/4 cup dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 heaping cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup organic honey, or agave
- 1 cup + 4 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tsp orange oil or orange zest
- Preheat oven to 180C or 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toast the grains and the almonds until golden brown.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, rye, almonds, dates, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, and cherries.
- In a small bowl, combine almond butter, orange oil, and salt.
- Add the almond butter mixture to the dry ingredients and combine well.
- In a small sauce pan, bring the honey to a boil. Add the honey to the mixture and combine well.
- Distribute granola onto baking sheet and press into pan evenly. Cover with another sheet of parchment paper and roll with a rolling pin to compress and even it out.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until top is evenly brown.
- Cut while still warm, 3W x 12L.
If there is a lot of leftover crumbly pieces, you can bake it in the oven further to make granola! I baked it at 200F for approx 30min finishing it on broil for 2 min.