I know almond milk drinkers hear it all the time “you should be making your own almond milk” and that just sounds too time consuming, right? Seriously though, it’s not time consuming at all. If you remember to pre-soak your almonds over night.. It takes about 5 minutes to make it total. Store bought almond milk is made with hardly any almonds at all. It’s filled with flavours and water and additives like carrageenan which is carcinogenic. Home made almond milk contains 4 ingredients MAX which some can be left out if you don’t want flavour. This recipe is so easy and I promise you, you won’t be buying factory made almond milk any more.
- 1 cup almonds (pre soaked overnight)
- 3-4 pitted medjool dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or half of a vanilla bean
- About 2-4 cup water (more or less can be added for consistency and strongness of flavour )
- Pre soak almonds over nigh in a bowl with water.
- Place soaked almonds, dates, vanilla, and water into a blender. Process for 3-5 minutes. Strain in a chinos or cheesecloth into bowl until all moisture is gone. Reserve almond meal for other uses.