My wonderful mother bought me a bunch of my own cooking supplies for my birthday and I finally got to use one of them in this dish.. My mandolin!! I’ve used them at school before but now I have my very own! I love this dish because it takes about 10 minutes total and its soo healthy and so delicious. I make my own pesto because store bought tastes nasty to me but you can definitely substitute store bought if it’s more handy. This dish is raw, vegetarian, gluten free, and every other darn diet out there friendly! Hope you enjoy 🙂
Ingredients (makes 2):
- 1 whole zucchini
- 1/2 can diced tomatoes (or fresh)
- 3-6 tbsp pesto:
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/3 extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Prepare pesto: add basil, garlic, pine nuts, and cheese to a food processor. Blend on slow and add in olive oil slowly until combined. Season with salt and pepper and leave to side.
- Grate zucchini with mandolin or spirilizer.
- Warm pesto in pan and add zucchini and tomatoes (optional if raw).
- Combine all ingredients and toss together and serve.