I’m obsessed with making stir-fry’s! They’re my go to meal whenever I’m not sure what I’m craving. They’re so easy because you just throw whatever you have in the fridge together and it always works! Today I switched it up completely but putting it over quinoa instead of rice! This added much more nutrients including protein (essential to vegans/vegetarians)! Try this easy and delicious meal and let me know how you like it!
- 1/4 cauliflower florets
- 1/4 broccoli florets
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 stalk carrot, chopped
- 1/2 zucchini, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 can black beans
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 dry quinoa – 1 cup water
- Prepare all vegetables. Heat wok or large sautée pan with olive oil. Add all vegetables and seasoning, and cover for 2 mins. Add beans and 1 tbsp hoisin sauce and mix.
- Prepare quinoa. Heat water and quinoa in pot till boiling. Cover on simmer until cooked.
- After vegetables have cooked for 10 mins, add rest of hoisin sauce and keep covered until done.
- Plate quinoa on bottom and vegetables on top.