I’ve been seeing a lot of cauliflower-based recipe’s and was curious to hop on the trend. Best. Idea. Ever. My recipe is vegan but can obviously be made regular if that is how you prefer. This pizza tastes exactly like a regular (flat bread) pizza. The cauliflower adds a little crunch but it makes it that much more amazing. You can top it with what ever you’d like and I guarantee you’ll be satisfied. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water (or egg if you’re not vegan)
- 1/4 cup vegan cheese, grated
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Toppings (this can be altered to your preference):
- 3 tbsp (or more) tomato sauce
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 vegan cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pulse cauliflower in blender or food processor until fine pieces. Transfer to microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2-4 minutes (depending on your microwave) or until steaming.
- Once finished, dump into kitchen towel and squeeze out excess moisture to get out as much as you can. This step is very important.
- Once moisture is gone and cauliflower has cooled, place in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, add ground flax and water and mix until it becomes thick. Add this to cauliflower. Add cheese, salt, oregano, garlic powder and combine. The egg will add excess liquid which is okay.
- Create ball with dough and try to squeeze out the excess liquid. Then place on baking sheet and spread into desired shape. Bake for 20 minutes or until sides become brown.
- Remove from oven and add toppings. Place back in oven for 10-15 minutes on broil until toppings look cooked.