I whipped up this quick dish about a week ago and it was so delicious! I’ve never cooked with pine nuts before, but I figured it would go with this dish and it did!! This dish can be made with more vegetables, I actually encourage you to use more vegetables such as broccoli, bok choy, onions, bean sprouts, etc. but I just used what I had! Please try and let me know what you think!
Ingredients (makes 1 serving):
- 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 1/4 of a red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 of a zucchini, sliced
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- Add 1 cup water and rice to a medium pot and bring to boil. Cover and simmer until ready.
- Add olive oil to a medium sized pan and add red pepper and zucchini.
- Once vegetables get slightly tender, add pine nuts, ginger, garlic, rice wine vinegar, and hoisin sauce.
- Either combine vegetables and rice or place finished rice on a plate and top with sautéed veggies.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.