I love spaghetti and I love spaghetti Squash, but I’ve never thought of putting them together (I live under a rock I know). Oh my gosh where have I been.. This is the best and easiest dish ever. It takes no time and it’s so healthy and SO GOOD. You can use your own canned sauce if you don’t have the time to make mine. Everything about this dish is so amazing I’ll be making it weekly now for sure.
Ingredients (makes 1 serving):
- 1/2 spaghetti squash
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 can of tomatoes (paste or diced)
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- Handful of fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp red chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line baking sheet with tin foil. Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds and the insides. brush the inside with olive oil. Place that side face down onto the tin foil. Cook for 30 minutes, or until it can be easily pierced with a fork.
- In a pot, add tomatoes, zucchini, bell pepper, basil, garlic, chilli flakes, salt, and pepper. Simmer until ready to serve.
- Once squash is finished, scrape insides with a fork onto a plate. Add tomato sauce over top. Serve and enjoy!