So I make oatmeal bowls quite often, whether it be an overnight oat bowl, or just warm oats in the morning. This recipe I’ll be posting is for oatmeal fresh in the morning. I often use the same ingredients when making it, but occasionally will add something to change it up like chopped apples, mashed bananas, nutmeg, or dates. But this recipe is for my basic delicious oatmeal bowl. Please enjoy 🙂
- 1/2 – 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 – 1 cup boiling water (or however much you need to cook the oats)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- OPTIONAL: 1 mashed banana, 1 chopped apple, 1/4 cup pitted dates, chopped
- Fresh fruit for toppings
- Begin to boil water.
- In a standard breakfast bowl, pour oats into it. Mix in cinnamon and brown sugar till combined.
- Once water is boiled, pour desired amount into oat bowl. Add almond milk and combine.
- Add additional fruits (banana, apple, dates)
- Top with berries and bananas.