Made this delicious pad thai for dinner the other night. My whole family tried it and loved it! I liked it because of the light sauce that added a nice flavour. Usually pad thai comes with a heavy sauce but this one was nice and light. I went with veggies that I thought go well with pad thai but if you prefer other veggies like celery or carrots, they would work just fine. Also for the protein, it can be made with chicken, shrimp, or tofu. Please try and let me know what you think!!
Ingredients (makes for 3-4):
- 1/4 cup chicken (or vegetable) broth or water
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter (feel free to add more)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp lime juice (or 1 whole lime)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (optional)
- 3 chicken breasts or a pack of tofu
- 1 package of medium rice noodles
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 6 green onions
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 1 cup snow peas
- 4 gloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for peanut sauce. Set aside and begin cooking pad thai.
- Prepare the chicken by cutting it to bite size pieces. Chop green onions, garlic, and ginger. Cut up the broccoli so its in bite size pieces. Make sure the broccoli isn’t in huge hunks or else it wont cook and will be hard to eat.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook rice noodles. These should only take about 3 minutes.
- Heat up a wok or large pan with olive or canola oil. Add chicken and let it cook. Add onions, broccoli, snow peas, garlic, ginger, egg, and peanut sauce. Cook for 2-3 minutes covered. Add noodles and bean sprouts and mix together until just combined. Add red chilli flakes and serve.