Made my weekly snack today! These cookies are vegan and gluten free so you can enjoy them without feeling guilty! I wanted to make my muffin tops but I was out of dates and chocolate chips so I modified the recipe and was left with this chewy goodness. If you don’t have chocolate almond butter, feel free to add cocoa powder to almond butter or just add regular almond butter with chocolate chips! Please try and tell me what you think!!
Ingredients (makes 12):
- 2 1/2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3-4 pitted dates
- 1/4 dark chocolate almond butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups + 3 tbsp gluten free oats
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Blend bananas, coconut oil, vanilla, dates, and almond butter in a blender until a liquid consistency. Then transfer to bowl.
- Add cinnamon, baking powder, and salt to bowl.
- In blender, food processor, or coffee grinder, pulse 1 cup of the oats until slightly broken up, but not fully ground. Add this cup to the bowl, as well as a cup of full oats to the bowl and combine together.
- Place large scoops of the mixture on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, turn sheet, and bake for another 6-8 minutes.
- Immediately place on cooling rack.