What better way to celebrate Tuesday’s than with taco’s!!! Made these delicious tacos last night that were a huge hit! Also to go with the Mexican theme, I made cilantro lime rice on the side! The rice can go in the taco’s or on the side, however you prefer. Hope you enjoy!!
Ingredients (makes 6 small tacos):
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 block tofu, cubed
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup vegan cheese
- 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 small corn tortillas
- Boil rice in 1 cup water and a pinch of salt. Simmer until ready. When ready, add cilantro and lime juice and keep covered until serving time.
- Prepare seasoning by combining all ingredients and setting to the side.
- Chop red pepper and red onion into long thin slices. Sautee these in a medium sized skillet over 1 tbsp olive oil with a sprinkle of the seasoning mixture until they become tender. Place in bowl and cover with aluminium foil.
- In same pan, add rest of olive oil and cook tofu with the seasoning mixture stirring often. Cover with lid until brown.
- While tofu is cooking, warm the tortillas in microwave, oven, or in a pan until slightly warmed. Do not let them get crispy. Chop avocado into same size slices as the vegetables.
- Once tofu is finished, prepare taco’s by assembling tofy, cheese, sauteed veggies, avocado, and salsa. Either add rice onto the taco’s, or have it as a side dish.