Oh myyy this has got to be the best banana bread recipe I’ve ever tried! Such amazing flavours it satisfies every sweet craving you could ever have. Not only is it absolutely delicious but it is SUPER HEALTHY!!
The flour is made from ground gluten free oats, so there is no genetically modified flour to worry about, and for gluten free people it’s a great choice.
There is no dairy, no eggs, and no refined sugars.. It’s the perfect recipe. The chocolate chips give it its sweetness and brings all of the flavours together.
Please enjoy my wonderful gluten free vegan recipe and try not to eat it all in one sitting.. cause I almost did!!
- 2 cups gluten free whole oats (or oat, spelt, whole wheat flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil (plus more for greasing pan)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup vegan chocolate chips (plus some for the top)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Ground oats in food processor (or coffee grinder) until it becomes a flour consistency.
- Add oats to a large bowl and add baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, mash bananas until it becomes a liquidy consistency.
- Add melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Mix together.
- Slowly add oat mixture to the banana mixture piece by piece. Fold together until mixed.
- Add chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour into loaf pan evenly.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes, (mine took 36 minutes). Once finished, let cool for 10 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.