This salad is filled with nutrients and vitamins for every vegetarian and vegan. This recipe is has loads of flavour from the cilantro, garlic, and spices. It also has lots of protein from the beans and quinoa. This salad will for sure fill you up and give you enough energy for the day!
- 1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 16oz can black beans
- 1/2 cooked corn
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 6 green onions ( about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Juice of one lime
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Boil 1 cup quinoa in 2 cups water, simmer until ready. This will make 2 cups of quinoa
- While cooking quinoa, whisk olive oil, lime juice, cumin, cayenne, garlic and salt in a large bowl
- Rinse and drain black beans and add to olive oil mixture.
- Dice red pepper, cliantro, and onions and add to black beans, with the corn.
- Finally, add the quinoa and mix around.
- Serve warm or store in fridge for later (I prefer cold).