These “burgers” are so good. This is a simple, basic recipe but filled with great flavours! It’s a great patty to have at any time of the day. I love the colours it has.. everything about it is amazing!
- 1/2 cup quinoa with 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 16 ounce can of chickpeas
- 1 egg (or flax egg)
- 1/4 cup (or so) of cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (diced)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or red chile flakes
- Salt and pepper
1. Boil 1/2 cup quinoa and 1 cup water. Simmer once boiled and keep covered. Set aside once done
2. Drain and rinse can of chickpeas
3. Mash or blend chickpeas in a large bowl until smooth consistency.
4. Add quinoa, bread crumbs, egg, cilantro, cumin, red pepper, cayenne or chile flakes, and salt and pepper.
5. Mix together with hands or fork until it’s all combined.
6. Divide mixture into even portions (I made 7)
8. Cook in frying pan with olive oil on medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side, or until brown crisp.
9. Serve and enjoy! 🙂