These muffins are soooo good!! They aren’t strictly vegan, but definitely can be by substituting eggs in for flax and water. It has so much flavour you can’t even taste the zucchini! Perfect for a mom who’s trying to get there kid to eat more vegetables! It hides right in there you can’t even taste it.
They aren’t the healthiest recipe (sugar and wheat wise), but can be altered to fit your needs. I love these as an on-the-go snack! Please enjoy! 🙂
Ingredients (makes 12-14):
- 1 whole zucchini (shredded)
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 large eggs (or flax eggs)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (or gluten-free)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine sugar, vanilla and eggs.
3. Once mixed, add shredded zucchini and melted butter.
4. In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
5. Once mixed, slowly add flour mixture to zucchini mixture.
6. Then spray cooking spray on 1 muffin pan.
7. Use a spoon to distribute the muffin dough equally among the cups, filling the cups up completely.
8. Bake on the middle rack until muffins are golden brown, about 22-25 minutes.